Legacy Academy Teacher
We are a private, Christian discipleship school serving preschool through grade 11 students, with the addition of 12th grade in the 2020-2021 school year. With this growth we need teachers in science, math, and mid school as our current teachers pursue different roles in our expanding school.
- Plans and implements a program that follows the approved curriculum standards, goals, and objectives.
- Uses effective teaching techniques, materials, and educational experiences to support instruction within curriculum guidelines.
- Provides enrichment events and activities related to curriculum.
- Communicates assignments and objectives to students in a well-organized manner, using clear and precise language.
- Monitors and assesses student progress in order to provide feedback on a regular basis to students, their parents, and administration.
- Diagnoses, instructs, and evaluates specific student needs, and seeks assistance as necessary.
- Establishes and maintains fair and just standards for student behavior needed to achieve an effective and safe learning environment.
- Maintains accurate, complete, and legible records as required by law and school policy.
- Communicates concerns and ideas with colleagues, students, parents, and community in a Christian and professional manner.
- Displays an understanding and willingness to participate in school activities.
- Maintains professional competence.
- Meets attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Follows the policies and procedures as defined in Legacy Church Employee Handbook.
- Returns all phone calls, emails, and texts within 24 hours.
- Reports to principal
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree in any field.
- Ability to meet state and federal requirements, including background check and fingerprinting.
- Current CPR/Basic First Aid card or the ability to obtain one within 30 days of hire.
Check out our latest sermons or see other videos and podcasts.