Legacy Church Staff On-Site Childcare
Legacy Church is committed to providing a nurturing and healthy environment while meeting the childcare needs of families of Legacy Church staff, therefore giving each child the best opportunity to succeed. Our goal is to touch and strengthen the community through the arms of children.
- Communicate effectively with administrators, co-teachers, and families/guardians.
- Maintain compliance, weekly lesson plans, daily curriculum changes, parent/teacher conferences, classroom management techniques.
- Support assigned co-teachers and guide them as they “float” into your classroom.
- Assist children, individually or in groups, with activities, toileting and/or diapering, as well as all other health and safety components of a classroom.
- Maintain a current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings.
- Continuously build knowledge and skills through self-assessment, education, and feedback from administrative reviews.
- Follow the policies and procedures as defined in Legacy Church Handbook.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to Our Core Values.
The physical requirements of working with young children in an early childhood setting are essential to keeping children safe and properly supervised:
- Ability to lift 25 pounds repetitively throughout scheduled shift.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to move safely over uneven terrain or in confined spaces.
- Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or bend repetitively throughout scheduled shift.
- Ability to see distances, including, but not limited to, specific vision abilities (i.e., peripheral vision).
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must have experience with infant and toddler care.
Check out our latest sermons or see other videos and podcasts.