At Legacy Church we are committed to reaching the lost, changing lives, and most importantly, changing eternities. To help us achieve our Pastor's vision, we are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team and make a real difference in our world.
SOCIAL MEDIA TEAM MEMBER
Summary of the Position:
This Social Media Team Member will create visual media edits for the social media channels of Legacy Church and Pastor Steve Smothermon, with the focus of getting new people to come to Legacy Church and engage with Legacy Church, with a heavy emphasis on capturing life change and impact happening. This person is a very social person with a love for people. They have no problem sparking up a conversation with anyone, especially our volunteers and church members. They will develop, acquire, and create excellent and relevant media products, such as testimonials, for each platform, based on the direction of the Social Media Director. Overall, they’ll help conceptualize, collect, and create a wide range of content for people to engage with Legacy Church online in our mission to reach people and engage our church online.
Experience and Knowledge Required:
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent storytelling skills (also excellent at helping other people tell their stories, e.g., testimonies).
- 2+ years of relevant digital experience, including video and design.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Adobe Premier/Effects or Apple Final Cut, and Photoshop.
- Extensive knowledge of video editing and understanding of marketing principles.
- Very high attention to detail.
- Good organization skills.
- Willingness to continue to learn.
- The ability to have proper grammar and punctuation when necessary.
- Great time-management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Task-oriented personality.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, with good decision-making skills.
- Ability to finish projects from concept to completion.
- Willingness to work in and understand the intricacies of a ministry-conscious environment.
- Strong team player who is organized and enthusiastic and enjoys people.
- Personal characteristics of professionalism, credibility, commitment to high standards, innovation, sound judgment, and accountability.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Use skills to work on a wide range of projects, including creating storytelling visual media for Legacy Church.
- Collaborate with the Social Media Director and other parts of the social media and creative team to brainstorm opportunities for greater impact.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to the Social Media Director.
- Manage projects, organize tasks, and prioritize workload.
- Improve craft skills to stay current with the trends.
- Research and maintain creative ideas and current techniques.
- Listens and encourages.
- Trustworthy and faithful.
- Driven to pursue excellence.
- Shares the vision of Legacy Church to connect people with God, grow relationships, and live generously.
Please click the APPLY NOW button to send in your application today!
Check out our latest sermons or see other videos and podcasts.